What is Protocrastinator?

A Protocrastinator is a person who puts off finescale Railroad (and railway modelling) for no good reason.
Originally for me it was 1:87 (HO) scale. Problems with acquiring the bits and pieces led to extreme dissatisfaction and the project stalled. Now I've acquired an O scale boxcar and I intend investigating Proto 48 as a finescale project.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

So much to talk about...

So little time.
I've got lots to report and no time to tell you about it in detail. Yet.
I took delivery of the ME turnouts for the layout yesterday. So I'm just waiting on the P87 conversion units from the P87 stores to arrive to be able to get on with them. Looking forward to that.
I've had a plethora of rolling stock arrive in the past few days too.
A nice pair of Walthers wood chip hoppers that I will describe in detail just as soon as I can.
An ExactRail Thrall Railgon. It is quite exquisite and the best piece of R-T-R stock I have ever seen from a detail point of view. More to come on that soon too.
In addition to that. The ply strips have been cut by my father in law and await collection to be made into "Barry Norman" beams to frame the baseboard.
If that wasn't enough the Small Layout workshops that I will be presenting in conjuction with Lakeside Hobby will be starting on February 20th. At least that will enable me to get rolling on construction.

1 comment:

  1. Ian... you are sounding less and less like a protocrastinator and more like a proto-do-er-nator all the time. :-)

    It's like, sniff, I don't even know who you are anymore...

    But, seriously, these are exciting times and I'm looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete