What is Protocrastinator?

A Protocrastinator is a person who puts off finescale Railroad (and railway modelling) for no good reason.
Originally for me it was 1:87 (HO) scale. Problems with acquiring the bits and pieces led to extreme dissatisfaction and the project stalled. Now I've acquired an O scale boxcar and I intend investigating Proto 48 as a finescale project.

Tuesday, May 17, 2022

As quickly as the blog woke up

 It’s back to sleep.

After being all fired up yesterday about the possibilities of a P:48 loco and layout. The blog will have to go back to sleep.

It appears that there are three different types of Weaver RS3. Two that aren’t difficult to convert and one that is very difficult. Guess which one I have? That’s right. The difficult one. I have the “China drive” made by Atlas. 

I have three options to me to get a RS3 running in P:48. I could remove all the wheels and gearing and mill the chassis blocks down a couple of millimeters to take the narrower back to back of the wheel sets. Or I could spend several hundred dollars on a scale chassis and drive system. The third option, is to sell this one and buy one that’s easier to convert. These are the options for me from experienced P:48 modellers. 



Not good news. Back to sleep Protocrastinator.

No comments:

Post a Comment