What is Protocrastinator?

A Protocrastinator is a person who puts off finescale Railroad (and railway modelling) for no good reason.
Originally for me it was 1:87 (HO) scale. Problems with acquiring the bits and pieces led to extreme dissatisfaction and the project stalled. Now I've acquired an O scale boxcar and I intend investigating Proto 48 as a finescale project.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sorry I no speak Ameri-can..

"England and America are two countries separated by the same language" So wrote George Bernard Shaw.
Never was that statement so true as today when I emailed Terry over at Lakeside Hobby wanting "Two Micro Engineering Code 75 points" for this layout.
When I got home from work there was a message on the answerphone (voicemail) waiting for me. He didn't know what I was talking about.
American railroads don't have points they have switches. On top of that the Mico Engineering switches I wanted are in Code 70. If I remember correctly I reckon I used to scratchbuild my switches/turnouts/points for my E.M.Gauge layouts from Code 75 bullhead rail. Very common place in England.
So now everything is sorted and two Micro Engineering Code 70 switches are on order...
To be honest though you'd think that after 11+ years of living here I'd have this sorted out by now.

1 comment:

  1. I thought they were called turnouts? See, we Americans can't even understand each other! :-)

    ReplyDelete