What is Protocrastinator?

A Protocrastinator is a person who puts off finescale Railroad (and railway modelling) for no good reason.
Originally for me it was 1:87 (HO) scale. Problems with acquiring the bits and pieces led to extreme dissatisfaction and the project stalled. Now I've acquired an O scale boxcar and I intend investigating Proto 48 as a finescale project.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Baseboard progress

Yes indeed you read right. Baseboard Progress! Having been an extremely crappy day today, weather wise. I really had no choice but to go and work on the baseboards for the layout. Two identical ones as you will recall from the drawing.
Now I approached this with great trepidation as I am known to be one of the worst woodworkers in the world. So I started work with great care, following my full size template and measuring twice and cutting once.
I am used to rushing through baseboard construction and paying the price later. But this once I seemed relaxed and more careful. My saw cuts were a little less wavy, the corners were square. All in all things are progressing quite well.
I haven't finished yet of course. Which in itself is another miracle. Normally I would have banged these baseboards together in a couple of hours. Today after 4 hours I'm about halfway there.
Why is this? Am I getting mellower in my old age or is it the spectre of the P87 standards staring over my shoulder saying.
"If you don't get it right now then We'll bite you back with stock derailments later"
Strangely, I'm quite happy that I don't have the baseboards finished yet. There's always tomorrow after the England game...

No comments:

Post a Comment