What is Protocrastinator?

A Protocrastinator is a person who puts off finescale Railroad (and railway modelling) for no good reason.
Originally for me it was 1:87 (HO) scale. Problems with acquiring the bits and pieces led to extreme dissatisfaction and the project stalled. Now I've acquired an O scale boxcar and I intend investigating Proto 48 as a finescale project.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Baseboards

Well, after two days work, scarily, I have two almost competently built baseboards. They are light strong and rigid. Built from 3/16" ply strips for the sides and 1/4" ply for the top. Glued and pinned.

I plan on adding a little extra bracing underneath. But at the moment it doesn't really feel like it needs it, to be honest.
The next step will be to add the blocks for the hinges so that the baseboards will fold over for storage and transport.

No comments:

Post a Comment