What is Protocrastinator?

A Protocrastinator is a person who puts off finescale Railroad (and railway modelling) for no good reason.
Originally for me it was 1:87 (HO) scale. Problems with acquiring the bits and pieces led to extreme dissatisfaction and the project stalled. Now I've acquired an O scale boxcar and I intend investigating Proto 48 as a finescale project.

Monday, May 23, 2022

Will this be my first P:48 loco?

After eight years of inactivity things are moving with some pace. 

After finding out what was needed from locomotives for P:48 conversion. I looked around on that well known online auction site to see what there was,  and I was captivated by this Plymouth MDT.  Repainted and weathered I thought it was beautiful! The best part is it’s a six wheel chassis as well. One that can be converted to P:48. 

Was I right to think this is a beautiful locomotive?

It was the a bit more than subtle weathering that drew my attention.
The loco is a pretty primitive one with a whacking huge motor surrounded by weight in the cab as befits a loco of this age. But the previous owner looks to have done a nice job on hiding the motor. 

My itchy “bid finger” hit the button and a few days later. I won. It’s on its way to me right now.

I hope to report more when it arrives on the prairies.

No comments:

Post a Comment