What is Protocrastinator?

A Protocrastinator is a person who puts off finescale Railroad (and railway modelling) for no good reason.
Originally for me it was 1:87 (HO) scale. Problems with acquiring the bits and pieces led to extreme dissatisfaction and the project stalled. Now I've acquired an O scale boxcar and I intend investigating Proto 48 as a finescale project.

Monday, March 3, 2014

Here's an idea...

Take this Weaver boxcar kit that is dimensionally accurate, just a bit lacking on the detail front.
Then shave the moulded on details off and add new details in brass and styrene and whatever and see what I've got. After that, if I like what I've got then I can add Proto 48 Barber trucks and couplers. If i'm feeling really confident as I go along I can try some weathering on the boxcar body. Here's an interesting looking MT&W Boxcar for reference and another one here. In fact, there are quite a lot of reference images to choose from. This looks to be a good starter project.

1 comment:

  1. As claimed by Stanford Medical, It is really the one and ONLY reason women in this country get to live 10 years more and weigh 42 pounds lighter than us.

    (By the way, it has absoloutely NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret diet and EVERYTHING to around "how" they are eating.)

    BTW, What I said is "HOW", and not "WHAT"...

    CLICK on this link to find out if this quick quiz can help you decipher your real weight loss possibility

    ReplyDelete