What is Protocrastinator?

A Protocrastinator is a person who puts off finescale Railroad (and railway modelling) for no good reason.
Originally for me it was 1:87 (HO) scale. Problems with acquiring the bits and pieces led to extreme dissatisfaction and the project stalled. Now I've acquired an O scale boxcar and I intend investigating Proto 48 as a finescale project.

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Improving the Weaver Boxcar (1)

So, here we go. Improving the Weaver Box car.
Nice and simple to start with.
This picture shows the simple first stages on the first corner (from left to right).
1. The Boxcar as it comes with moulded on hand rails.
2. Shave the darned things off.
3. Wire handrails added from .26 music wire. A huge improvement on the look.
Three more corners to go, by the finish of them my technique will have improved so much that I'll have to re do this one.
The jury is still out on the wire. I wonder if styrene rod might not be better.
Should I be paying more attention to the painting and weathering before I go any further?

No comments:

Post a Comment