What is Protocrastinator?

A Protocrastinator is a person who puts off finescale Railroad (and railway modelling) for no good reason.
Originally for me it was 1:87 (HO) scale. Problems with acquiring the bits and pieces led to extreme dissatisfaction and the project stalled. Now I've acquired an O scale boxcar and I intend investigating Proto 48 as a finescale project.

Monday, December 28, 2009

H0 Scale Agonies...

So having got that last rant off my chest I feel better now. Though it might mean I'm never featured in the pages of a Kalmbach publication again.

But it does raise some interesting points towards this Proto87 experience of mine.
There is no doubt that Lance Mindheims' turnouts look superb. I hope mine will look half as good when finished. Well, they look good until you look at the crossing vee area then you see what I have termed "the grand canyon of crossing flangeways".
So here is my H0 scale agony I want scale accuracy of track and pointwork as easily as possible.
But how?
If only there was a way to just drop in a P87 vee arrangement to an R-T-R turnout. So you could convert an R-T-R tournout to P87 just like that then. I'd be on that train so fast you wouldn't see me for dust.
Guess what?
There is.
Proto87 stores carry the turnout vee by itself so that you can just drop it into an RTR turnout they claim. I must admit that I missed this when looking through the P87 stores when looked for turnout kits to buy.
I am going to have to try this out. It would make thigs so much easier I think. Much of what is in Lance Mindheims article will be useful. I'll just have to cross reference it with the instructions on the Proto87 stores website.

No comments:

Post a Comment