What is Protocrastinator?

A Protocrastinator is a person who puts off finescale Railroad (and railway modelling) for no good reason.
Originally for me it was 1:87 (HO) scale. Problems with acquiring the bits and pieces led to extreme dissatisfaction and the project stalled. Now I've acquired an O scale boxcar and I intend investigating Proto 48 as a finescale project.

Friday, December 18, 2009

My first P87 car

Well, I now have my first P87 freight car. My LBF models Hi-Cube Railbox. What I thought of it was covered in the 7 day model railroad blog.
Today my order of turnouts and wheelsets arrived from the P87 stores. The turnouts will have to wait until another day. But converting a freight car to P87 was simplicity itself. It was so easy even a character from a Geico car insurance commercial could do it...
All I did was take the old wheelsets out and replace them with the new. A two minute job. Here follows now the cliched picture of a car truck with one standard HO scale wheelset and one P87 wheelset in it for comparison.
There is nothing more to say. P87'ing a freight car was a doddle. I should have bought more wheelsets so I could have converted more of them...

No comments:

Post a Comment