What is Protocrastinator?

A Protocrastinator is a person who puts off finescale Railroad (and railway modelling) for no good reason.
Originally for me it was 1:87 (HO) scale. Problems with acquiring the bits and pieces led to extreme dissatisfaction and the project stalled. Now I've acquired an O scale boxcar and I intend investigating Proto 48 as a finescale project.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Watching the trains

Here's another idea from "way back" that might just have some possibilities for my P87 dalliance. Called "Watching the Trains" it was designed for regular H0 scale as a layout for operating modern, large box cars and Big loco's like C-44's. The interesting view blocks of a car park (parking garage) and box car ends have always appealed to me and I'd like to try them out.
The layout did start to get built. The unusual traverser with a turnout on it worked perfectly but C-44's struggled to navigate the curve that I increased to 18" radius at the right hand end. So that would be a no-no for P87. But I think that the scheme could be adapted in some way. Or at the very least I could use the parking garage view block on the layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment