What is Protocrastinator?

A Protocrastinator is a person who puts off finescale Railroad (and railway modelling) for no good reason.
Originally for me it was 1:87 (HO) scale. Problems with acquiring the bits and pieces led to extreme dissatisfaction and the project stalled. Now I've acquired an O scale boxcar and I intend investigating Proto 48 as a finescale project.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Is this the beginning of the end for the Protocrastinator?

Well, I've done it.
I've placed an order over at the P87 stores for a couple of turnouts and some car wheel sets.
It will be interesting to compare the construction of the P87 turnout and the P4 Track Company turnouts in fact I might even build one of each side by side as a direct comparison.
"Superfine and Easy" is the name of the type of kit.
Easy. I like that word. Very reassuring word, easy.
The last P4 Track Co. kit I bought was not difficult but it was a bit fiddly. What with having to thread chairs onto the rail. Not difficult just fiddly and time consuming. I wonder what the Superfine and Easy kit will have in store.
I also ordered a few wheelsets to place in one of my boxcars. Specifically my Exactrail Railbox. Such a fine model is more than deserving of the P87 treatment.
So the stuff is ordered and shortly will be on the way. So is this it? Will actually doing something signify the end of the Protocrastinator?
We'll wait and see...

No comments:

Post a Comment